… For this reason, one must seek advice how he can bring contentment above. Clearly, if he receives pleasure, there will be contentment above …
Each time I read “There Is None Else Besides Him” this last sentence always got my attention… one must seek advice how he can bring contentment above. It seems like something mandatory. A must. It seems as if it removes a person from thinking about himself to thinking about the friends?
1- I am seeking advice. How can I bring contentment above?
2- Should I be thinking always on how to bring contentment to the friends? Or be in the thought on how to bring contentment to the Creator?
That is the issue. It is quite difficult to serve something you can’t identify. We just have this imaginary sense of serving. Even the evil inclination, my true self. How do we come to identify with it that it is evil and need some kind of spice? Everything seems to be imaginary.
When the friends gather together, with one heart and each thinking on achieving bestowal,… Should I love them and see and feel only that desire in them, that aspiration towards the Creator? And why must we not forget that each of us are thinking and desiring the same think? What does that give or add to us?