To know about the cause of this world and have deeper understanding about our life. Try our best to study the force which cause the events in our life.
I always want to know about the reality and the ture world! Kabbalah gives me a chance! And the limit of five senses and the idea of transcending this limit inspired me!
Hello! My question is similar to Phil’s question. I also want to know the difference between Philosophy and Kabbalah, especially between Plato’s idealism theory and Kabbala’s theory.
I major in Philosophy in university, and as far as I know, Plato believes that there is a world of ideas above the secular world. In his early theory, he thought that everything in the secular world reflects the existence of the ideal world. He developed a vision of two worlds: a world of unchanging ideas and a world of changing physical objects.
But this theory meets a lot of difficulties. For example, in Parmenides, Parmenides asks Socrates(Socrates in Plato’s works), “would you make abstract ideas of the just, the beautiful, the good?” Socrates says “Yes”, but Paremenides keeps asking: “And of human beings like ourselves, of water, fire, and the like?” Socrates says “I am not certain.” Finally, Parmenides asks, “And would you be undecided also about ideas of which the mention will, perhaps, appear laughable: of hair, mud, filth, and other things which are base and vile?” Socrates says these laughable things don’t have abstract ideas. So does these dirty and stupid things have roots in Kabbalah?
For another difficulty, What is the relationship between ideas and the secular world things? Participation or by Imitation? Plato did not give a definite answer.
So, to conclude, my questions are:
1. Does Plato’s idealism theory have anything in common with Kabbalah’s theory of root(upper world spirituality) and branches(this world corporeality)?
2. Can Kabbalah solve the above two difficulties about Plato’s theory of ideas?
3. How does Kabbalah view Philosophy?
I want to try my best to know our reality, Is what we perceive real?Do the things I see really exist?what is the truth? Why people treasure true than false? What’s the meaning of life? What is death? When we meet unfortunate things how do we deal with them? Do we have free will? Does fate exist?What is the cause and effect?I want to know these questions. I major in Philosophy,but i can’t find a consistent understanding in philosophy. So I want to learn Kabbalah.