That’s pretty accurate. I wouldn’t say it wants to destroy itself but it’s similar cancer which destroys the host organsim. The ego can only consider itself and in an interconnected and interdependent this is detrimental.
Evil is defined as that which wants to receive as opposed to be similar to the Creator. We were created opposite. It’s written, “I created the evil inclination, I created the Torah as a spice (to correct that nature)”
Our nature wants to receive the pleasure, the question is with what intention?
This is His nature. Like Kabbalists tell us, He wants to do good, but to whom? The nature of the quality of love necessitates something to receive the good.
If you have Kabbalah for the Student, there is a glossary there. There is also “question and answer” in TES. There is also a half-finished glossary in the last volume I believe.
Author
Replies
Viewing 6 replies - 409 through 414 (of 980 total)