Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorReplies
-
June 9, 2021 at 4:37 pm EDT in reply to: Ask anything about week 5 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor. #53675
Albert – KabU InstructorModeratorHi Danielle,
When we talk about nature, we’re not talking about simply going outdoors, rather we’re talking about the all encompassing system in which we exist.
Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2017/09/elokim-is-nature-in-gematria/
Regarding reaching equivalence of form with the Creator, this is an internal change which takes place in our qualities. Or in other words, in our attitude to others. So we don’t need to leave our cities or give up on our modern lifestyles to reach this correction.
For more details on equivalence of form, check out the first few paragraphs of the article “A Speech for the Completion of The Zohar“.
Regarding how we reach this correction, this is done primarily through the force of the light we extract from the Kabbalistic studies. See my reply to Micha in the week 3 questions forum for more details.
Albert @ KabU
June 7, 2021 at 2:21 pm EDT in reply to: Ask anything about week 5 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor. #53504
Albert – KabU InstructorModeratorHi Miryam,
Thanks for bringing this up, I’ll check with the team and have it corrected. Regarding the book Kabbalah Revealed, I would recommend to just read it from beginning to end. This will give you a solid foundation.
Albert @ KabU
June 3, 2021 at 10:45 am EDT in reply to: Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor. #53255
Albert – KabU InstructorModeratorHi Humehr,
It’s ultimately the force of the light that makes all of the clarifications and corrections. Our work is only to extract more and more of this light, especially during the Kabbalistic studies. See my reply to Micha below for more details.
Albert @ KabU
June 1, 2021 at 11:21 am EDT in reply to: Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor. #53091
Albert – KabU InstructorModeratorHi Nancy,
Although we sometimes portray desires in a linear fashion, in truth they are not linear at all. Everyday I fulfill my basic desires and the next day I have to fulfill them again. Every day I go to work, everyday I eat, everyday I sleep, etc. So I don’t need to fulfill the basic desires in a linear way, rather I need to find the right balance between the basic desires and our desire for spirituality.
Kabbalists call this balance “no flour, no Torah – no Torah, no flour”. Meaning a Kabbalist continues to exist on the level of this world throughout the entire spiritual ladder. So I cannot just turn into a monk and disconnect from this life and only focus on spirituality. On the other hand, if I only focus on corporeality, then I’m no different than an animal. So the important thing is to find the right balance between the two: to take care of all of one’s normal necessities: to work, take care of the family needs, health, etc (this is called flour) and to set aside some time to focus on spirituality (this is called Torah).
Albert @ KabU
May 31, 2021 at 11:07 am EDT in reply to: Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor. #52971
Albert – KabU InstructorModeratorHi Jj,
I’m not an expert in other methods, so I cannot comment on what they do or teach there.
Regarding the language of roots and branches, this is a type of code that uses words of our world to describe spiritual phenomena. The Torah is entirely written in this code. As such, not a single word in the Torah is speaking about history or our world.
Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2016/05/dispelling-myths-about-kabbalah-part-4/
Albert @ KabU
May 31, 2021 at 10:37 am EDT in reply to: Ask anything about week 3 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor. #52967
Albert – KabU InstructorModeratorHi Danielle,
You can say that, but this sounds very religiousy and has many different connotations. We need to redefine these things in a more scientific way to not get confused. What is the Creator? What does it mean to “listen” to Him? What is His will?
The Creator is the pure quality of love and bestowal. Our nature is the opposite, pure reception, or egoism. “Listening” to Him means to resemble Him, to acquire his qualities of bestowal. Or in other words, to correct our opposite egoistic nature to operate in the direction of bestowal. As long as we remain opposite from Him, in our egoistic nature, then we’re out of balance with Him and thereby suffer.
Meaning we’re talking here purely about laws, laws of bestowal, of equivalence of form. Are we in balance with these laws or not? If not, then we suffer.
Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2008/11/the-reason-for-our-suffering-and-the-alternative-path/
Albert @ KabU
-
AuthorReplies
